Wednesday, January 09, 2013

Zucchini and Sweet Potato Pilaf

I recently bought 3 beautiful zucchinis of different colours, but didn't know what I wanted to make with them.  Then I remembered this brown rice casserole that I have made a few times before.  I usually just make it with regular dark green zucchini, but I thought the extra colours would brighten the dish up more. This is a really hearty casserole that I like to serve as a side to fish, or on its own if I'm having it for lunch.  And with only 4 ingredients it's a convenient recipe to make.  


Zucchini and Sweet Potato Pilaf

1 1/2 cups of brown rice
2 1/4 cups vegetable broth
2 small zucchini, diced
1 sweet potato, diced

Preheat oven to 350F.  Mix all of the ingredients in a baking pan and cover tightly with aluminum foil.  Bake for 30 minutes.  Stir rice and vegetables and add a bit of water if necessary.  Cover tightly again and continue cooking for another 15-30 minutes.  Rice and sweet potatoes should be fully cooked.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know what you think!