Sunday, July 22, 2012

Cabbage and Ramen Noodle Salad

When I first got this recipe from my sister-in-law I was a bit skeptical.  Mr. Noodles in a salad?  Seemed a bit iffy.  But she assured me it was good, and I'm happy to say that she was right.  It's crunchy and flavourful and brings something different to the 'coleslaw table'.  I love the taste of the sesame seeds with the cabbage, it makes it a great side dish for some sesame chicken or shrimp satay.  So try it, you won't be disappointed:)



Cabbage and Ramen Noodle Salad

Approximately 4 cups of shredded cabbage
4 green onions, sliced
1/2 cup slivered almonds
3 tbsp sesame seeds
1 pkg. Mr. Noodles
3 tbsp white vinegar
2 tbsp sugar
1/2 cup vegetable oil
pepper, to taste

Toast the sesame seeds and almonds in a pan over medium heat, just until they begin to turn golden.  Crush the noodles and mix with the cabbage, onions, nuts, and seeds.  Mix the vinegar, oil, sugar, pepper, and half of the contents of the Mr. Noodles' seasoning package.  Pour over the salad.  Let sit for a few minutes before serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know what you think!