Tuesday, January 08, 2013

Crab and Shrimp Layered Dip

This is another of my childhood favourites, but I only made it for myself recently.  It's a really easy dip to make, and it tastes amazing.  The hubby and I ate so much of it on New Years Eve!  This picture is actually from when my mom made it at Christmas because I didn't get a chance to take a picture of mine before we started to eat it.  It's great served with crackers, celery, or Romaine lettuce leaves as you can see in the picture.  I'm not sure if my mom adds the sour cream to it, but I did just to make it easier to dip in.  


Crab and Shrimp Dip

1 pkg cream cheese, softened at room temperature
1/4 cup sour cream
1/4 cup seafood sauce (approx.)
1 can crab meat
3 tbsp minced parsley
1 can cocktail shrimp

Mix the cream cheese with the sour cream and spread into middle of a large plate.  Pour the seafood sauce over top, spreading it almost to the edges.  Spread the crab meat on top of that, making sure you can still see some of the sauce and cream cheese at the edges.  Sprinkle on the parsley in a smaller circle on top of the crap and top with the shrimp.  Serve with crackers and vegetables.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know what you think!