Monday, January 28, 2013

Dijon Roasted Chicken and Carrots

Every now and again I feel like I should actually make a dinner that my hubby will like.  This one is kind of half-and-half, since he doesn't like cooked carrots, but I figured I made up for that with the delicious chicken and yummy potato wedges I served with it.  This recipe calls for bone-in chicken breasts that I think is a must.  I find chicken tastes different when cooked with the bone.  It's jucier and seems to have more flavour. Also, it takes longer to cook which allowed the Dijon sauce to get extra crispy and the carrots to become tender.  I loved the onions in this recipe too, they soaked up all the flavours of the chicken and I ate so many of them!  I will definitely be making this again!


Dijon Roasted Chicken and Carrots

2 tbsp Dijon mustard 
1/2 tsp dried oregano
1/2 tsp dried sage
1 tsp dried parsley
1/4 tsp dried rosemary
2 bone-in, skinless chicken breasts
3 cups of large pieces of carrots
1 large sweet onion, chopped into large pieces
1+1 tbsps olive oil
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper

Preheat oven to 475.  Heat 1 tbsp of olive oil in a large frying pan and sear the chicken breasts until browned.  Mix the carrots and onions with the other tbsp of olive oil and the salt and pepper and place on a large baking sheet, leaving two spaces in the middle for the chicken to go.
Mix the Dijon with the dried herbs.  Place the chicken on the baking sheet and then cover each breast with the Dijon mixture.  Roast for 40 minutes and then enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know what you think!