Friday, January 11, 2013

Avocado Soba Noodles

I have been wanting to try an avocado sauce over pasta for quite a while, and so when I found some Sweet Potato and Buckwheat Soba Noodles I knew exactly what I would make with them.  This is a really simple dish, and if you love avocados you will love this.  When I first came across a recipe for avocado pasta I was a little skeptical, but it was delicious.  I made my sauce with lemon and parsley, but you could also use lime and/or cilantro to replace either of those ingredients.  And of course you can use regular soba noodles, or even spaghetti if you prefer.  The colour is a bit off-putting, however once you taste it you won't care what colour it is.


Soba Noodles with Avocado

250g Soba Noodles
2 ripe avocados
1 lg clove garlic
1 tbsp lemon juice
1/4 cup parsley

Using a food processor mince the garlic and parsley, then add the avocado and lemon juice and puree.  Meanwhile cook the soba noodles according to package directions.  Drain and mix with the avocado sauce. Serve immediately and enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know what you think!