Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Greek Style Potatoes

One of my favourite places to eat in the mall is at Jimmy the Greek.  (Sometimes I go to the mall just for the food court:)  I love their potatoes, salad, and rice, especially since they cover everything in feta cheese and tzaziki sauce ( I always ask for extra).  The potatoes are so moist and flavourful, so I decided to try to replicate them at home.  I looked at a few recipes for Greek potatoes and used ingredients from a couple of them.  They turned out really well, but I think the next time I make them I will drain the liquid and cook them for another 10-15 minutes so that they get a little crispy on the outside.  They were quick to prepare though, and my hubby loved them which is always nice.  I served them with my homemade tzaziki sauce, yum yum.


Greek Style Potatoes

4 large potatoes
1/2 cup water
3 tbsp olive oil
2 tbsp lemon juice
1 tsp dried thyme
1 tsp dried rosemary
1 tbsp chicken stock powder
pepper to taste

Preheat oven to 375F.  Peel and cut potatoes into 4 wedges each.  Place in a baking pan.  Mix remaining ingredients together.  Cover pan with tinfoil and bake for approximately 1 hour, or until cooked through.  For a crispier exterior drain liquid and broil for 5 minutes, turn potatoes, and continue broiling for another 5 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know what you think!