Friday, January 04, 2013

Potato Skins

After making this yummy Baked Potato Soup I had some left over potato skins that I didn't want to throw out.  After all, the potato skin is the healthiest part of the potato...which makes this recipe a healthy one even though it involves cheese, bacon, and sour cream!  (OK, I may be lying about that last part.)  Everyone loves these baked skins, and they are good without the bacon too if they need to be vegetarian.  And notice that I said 'good' and not 'super-duper amazing' like they are WITH the bacon:)  
These can be pretty much made as cheesy and bacony as you want them.  I didn't have a whole lot of bacon left so mine are pretty chintzy on the bacon side, but they were still delicious!  Just make do with what you have.


Potato Skins

Skins from baked potatoes
Cheddar Cheese
Green Onion
Cooked Bacon
Sour Cream 

After removing the pulp from the baked potatoes cut the skins into the size you would like.  Lay them on a baking sheet.  Sprinkle grated cheddar cheese over each one and then top with bacon and green onion.  Bake at 350F for about 10 minutes, until cheese is bubbly and potatoes are a bit crispy.  Serve with sour cream for dipping.

2 comments:

  1. Yum! Vegetarians like me can use vegetarian (eg Yves brand) bacon.

    ReplyDelete

Please let me know what you think!