Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Spring Roll Salad

Everything about this salad is amazing!  The flavours blend together so well, I could probably eat it every day.  And it's so refreshing to have in the middle of winter.  The fresh lime and cilantro and the overall brightness of this salad makes me feel like spring is just around the corner.  I found the original recipe for this salad here, but I have made a few changes to it, such as the addition of mango.  I love mango in spring rolls, and I also think mango, cilantro, and lime go really well together, so I wanted it in this salad.  If you have the time I recommend making the dressing ahead of time so the flavours have a chance to mingle.  I found it tasted better the next day, but it was also delicious the first day, so if you can't make it ahead of time don't worry.



Spring Roll Salad
100g Vermicelli noodles, cooked according to pkg
3 cups shredded Napa Cabbage
1/3 cup chopped cilantro
1 cup sliced English cucumber
1 red pepper, cut into thin strips
1 mango, julienned
1 can baby corn, sliced
2 green onions, sliced

spicy dressing:
1 tbsp sesame oil
2 tbsp sriracha hot sauce
1 lime, juice and zest
1 tsp soy sauce
1 tsp minced ginger
1 garlic clove, minced

Cut the noodles into bite-sized pieces and put in a large bowl.  Add the rest of the salad ingredients to the bowl and toss.  
Whisk the dressing ingredients together in a small bowl and stir into the salad.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know what you think!