Saturday, February 09, 2013

Fresh Mixed Vegetables

Sometimes I just crave simple vegetables with a side of rice, and these veggies were perfect.  They added so much colour to my plate, and had a great melding of flavours.  I used green beans, carrots, and yellow and orange peppers to make this.  I would have added red peppers too if I had had some in my fridge.  When I paired this with a brown and wild rice medley it made for a filling and healthy meal.  When making this dish just be careful to not overcook the vegetables, the fresh crispness of them add to the taste of the dish.  These vegetables are also a great addition to penne tossed with a cream sauce.


1 large carrot, peeled and julienned
1/2 orange pepper, cut into thin strips
1/2 yellow pepper, cut into thin strips
large handful of green beans, trimmed
1/2 tbsp butter
1/4 cup vegetable broth
freshly ground pepper

Melt the butter in a large pan over med-high heat.  Add the carrots and green beans and stir-fry for about 2 minutes.  Add the vegetable broth and cover pan for 3 minutes.  Add the peppers and cover pan again for 2-3 minutes or until carrots and green beans are tender-crisp.  Season with pepper and enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know what you think!