Thursday, May 24, 2012

Creamy Asparagus and Artichoke Pasta


I don't know why, but all I've been wanting to eat lately is cheesy, creamy pastas.  I ate pretty healthily all winter, and now that the warm weather is here I just want not-so-healthy comfort foods.  Isn't that the opposite of what people usually do?  Aren't you supposed to crave light, crispy salads once the hot weather hits, and try to look good in your bathing suit?  But I don't really care about my bathing suit because this pasta was worth every cheesy, delicious, calorie.  And I like to think that with all the asparagus and spinach in it, it can't be that bad!  And I did control myself on the cheese.  I was really tempted to bake this at the end, with a layer of shredded cheddar on top, just for that extra over-the-top-ness.  But I held back, especially since I knew I would be the one eating the whole thing since my hubby doesn't like pasta, or asparagus, or artichokes...seriously, what's wrong with him?  But by all means, feel free to go that extra step!  I will be jealous if you do though!


Creamy Asparagus and Artichoke Pasta

350 g Farfalle (bow-tie) pasta
1 lb roasted asparagus
2 tbsp olive oil
3 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 cup cream cheese
1/2 cup sour cream
1/4 cup white wine (or vegetable broth)
1/2 cup milk

1 cup spinach, roughly chopped
1 large jar artichoke hearts, chopped

1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
1 tbsp hot pepper flakes
Pepper, to taste

Cook pasta to al dente.  Heat oil in a large pan over medium heat and add garlic.  Cook for 2 minutes.
Add the cream cheese, sour cream, and wine, whisking into a smooth cream.  Whisk in the milk and Parmesan cheese, then add spinach.  Cut the roasted asparagus spears into 1" pices.  Add the cooked pasta, asparagus, artichokes, and seasoning.  Serve with additional pepper and chili flakes on top.

Sauce before the pasta is added in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know what you think!