Monday, April 09, 2012

Healthy Chocolate Truffles

These are simply amazing!  I made them last night and could not believe how chocolatey and delicious they were.  And there isn't even any sugar in them.  They take about 5 minutes in total to make too, so very easy to whip some up when you are craving some chocolate.  I don't ever eat dates, and really don't like date squares, so I was worried that these would taste too much like dates for me.  But all I could taste was chocolate.  I did add a bit of sugar to these ones because I threw in some mini white chocolate chips that I had (about 3 tablespoons) and I dusted icing sugar over them to make them look pretty.  But I had tasted them before adding those 2 ingredients and they were just as delicious, so if you want sugar-free, vegan truffles they will still taste good!  The next time I make these I am definitely doubling the recipe because they are just that good.  This recipe makes about 20 balls.

Healthy Chocolate Truffles

1 cup sweet dates
1/2 cup pecans (walnuts would probably work too)
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
2-3 tablespoons shredded coconut
2 tablespoons cocoa powder
pinch of salt
Optional: chocolate chips and/or icing sugar

Mix all the ingredients (except icing sugar, if using) in a food processor until dates are finely chopped.  Shape into small, bite-sized balls.  Dust with icing sugar.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know what you think!