Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Easy Peasy Pasta Salad

This is such an easy pasta salad to make, and you can make it with such a variety of ingredients.  I usually put tuna in mine, and then add some kind of combination of vegetables.  Peppers, green onions, cherry tomatoes, peas, carrots, asparagus, and/or cucumber.  Basically I use whatever veggies I have on hand.  If I use carrots or asparagus I always partly cook them first so they aren't too crunchy.  Just throw them in with the pasta while it's cooking for the last 2 minutes or so.  If I don't have tuna on hand I will make it with cut up hard-boiled eggs, which is also good if you want a vegetarian dish.  I find the best pasta to make this with is farfalle (bow tie).  The shape of them just seems to work really well with the mayonnaise and vegetables.
This 'recipe' is pretty basic, it's completely up to your own tastes as to what, and how much, you put into it.  I'll write the ingredients for the salad pictured, but it's just a basic outline for whatever you like.



Easy Pasta Salad:

1 can of tuna, drained and flaked
5 cups of cooked pasta, cooled
1 yellow pepper, cut into small pieces
1 carrot, cut into thin slices and blanched (toss into cooking pasta for last 2 minutes of cooking time)
1/2 cup of fresh peas, blanched
1/4 cup mayonnaise
pepper, to taste

Toss all of the ingredients together and serve!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know what you think!