Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Lemon and Cilantro Cappelletti

When I got home last night I realized I had nothing to take for my lunch today.  I had some leftover Spicy Red Lentil and Havarti Soup to take for my dinner, but no lunch.  So I looked in my fridge for something quick to make and found cilantro (which I love!), chicken broth, preserved lemons (which I made from this recipe), and carrots.  I basically mixed that together with some Cappelletti (Angel Hair Pasta) and that was it.  I was actually expecting to make a soup, but I put in too much Cappelletti and it sucked up all my broth so I ended up with a pasta dish.  It was so refreshing and comforting at the same time.  I think it would make a great cold combatant!



Easy Lemon and Cilantro Cappelletti

900 ml Chicken broth
1/2 pkg of Cappelletti (or less, if you want it to be more soupy)
1 carrot
Handful of Cilantro
1/4 of a preserved lemon

Pour the broth into a pot and set to med-high.  While it comes to a boil peel the carrot and cut into very thin strips.  I thinly slice my carrot lengthwise and then cut each slice into long, skinny strips.  Cut the strips in half.  Wash and dry a handful of cilantro and chop up finely.  Cut the pulp and pith off the lemon rind and discard.  Rinse the rind to get rid of some of the salt and then very finely dice.  When the stock boils add the carrots and pasta.  Once they are cooked add the lemon and cilantro.  Serve and enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know what you think!